This acquisition process ensures effective selection, implementation, and management of all college systems. It does so by identifying and assigning the resources necessary for all of these phases.
The Office for Information Technology is here to help you when a new system or software is needed for the college. We’ll consult and help make sure all the relevant parts of your request for support and funding are covered. This includes building the needs case, determining total costs and funding sources, authentication needs, integrations with other systems, and more. This takes a bit more time in the early phases, but saves a lot of time and stress for your project and ensures success.
It is best to reach out at the very beginning of your search, to get started contact your liaison or any of us in OIT. This form is a guide for the process, we’ll work closely with you to gather information and answer all the questions. Here are some of the steps we’ll work through together:
- Needs analysis – what problems are you trying to solve?
- Environmental scan – what solutions exist, what do other colleges use and are they satisfied, does Williams own software that can do this?
- Review options – beyond just functionality, we’ll look at accessibility, security, and more
- Find funding sources and secure funding
- Contract review and negotiation
- Project planning – timelines, resources needed – from people to data to equipment to funding
- Planning for sustainable use
We look forward to working with you!