- Zoom Cloud Recording
- Where can I find my Zoom recordings on Panopto?
- How can I share my Zoom recordings stored on Panopto with my students?
Zoom Cloud Recording
Zoom offers two recording options for licensed users: local recording and cloud recording.
Zoom Local Recording
For users with good internet speed, OIT recommends choosing local recording and then uploading recordings directly to Panopto (a.k.a. the Course Media Gallery on GLOW).
Zoom Cloud Recording
For users with poor internet speed, OIT recommends using Zoom cloud recording, but with the caveat that you will need to manage your files very diligently to avoid storage and recording limitations.
When you choose “Record to the Cloud,” the video (mp4), audio (mp3), and chat text are saved in the Zoom Cloud. However, storage space in Zoom Cloud is limited – 0.5 GB storage limit per user and a 100GB cap on all recordings. For this reason Williams has set up the following:
- Zoom Cloud recordings are automatically uploaded and stored on Panopto (a.k.a. the Course Media Gallery on GLOW). This is better for storage and for viewing in Glow. Your recordings in Panopto will not be deleted unless you manually do so.
- Recordings in Zoom Cloud will be automatically deleted within 30 days. You will get a warning notice 7 days prior to deletions. Up to 7 days after deletion recordings can be retrieved by a Zoom admin upon request. If you reach the storage limit prior to 30 days and risk prohibition on new recordings, your files may be deleted sooner!
Where can I find my Zoom recordings on Panopto?
Log into GLOW and go to your Course Media Gallery, then navigate to the “My Folder” page as shown below. Your Zoom recordings will be in the subfolder called, Meeting Recordings, inside “My Folder”.
How can I share my Zoom recordings stored on Panopto with my students?
“My Folder” and subfolders inside it are private. Only you have access to them, so in order for your students to view your Zoom recordings, you have to move or copy them to the “Course Media Gallery” of your course. Here is how:
1. Go to the “Meeting Recordings” folder in “My Folder” as described above and click the box with the arrow to open your “Meeting Recordings” in a new window with full controls outside of GLOW.
2. Click the checkbox next to a chosen video, which appears when you move your mouse over it, then click the Copy button at the top to copy it to your Course Media Gallery or click Move to remove it from the current folder and add it to the Course Media Gallery.
3. Choose the course you want it copied to. If it is not listed, use Search to find your course where the recording is to be copied to.
4. Click the Copy button to finish the process.