Perusall enables collaborative annotation of assigned readings as an asynchronous way to replicate some of what we achieve during in-person class discussions. It’s integrated with the Glow course management system and provides a readings focused discussion and collaboration forum that your students may find to be richer than Glow Discussions.
Perusall can be added from the glow course in Settings – Navigation and dragging Perusall to your list of course menu items.
Full integration of the tool happens when you:
- Set the Assignment title in Glow to the exact name of the assignment in Perusall.
- Set the Assignment Submission Type to External Tool.
- Click on the find button and find Perusall as your External Tool.
- Select the check box for “load this tool in a new tab.”
Example of Perusall and GLOW
- Collaborative annotation and asynchronous learning (by April Merleaux)