Perusall enables collaborative annotation of assigned readings as an asynchronous way to replicate some of what we achieve during in-person class discussions. It’s integrated with the Glow course management system and provides a readings-focused discussion and collaboration forum that your students may find to be richer than Glow Discussions.
Perusall can be added to your Glow course from your course Settings: Go to Navigation and drag Perusall from the bottom of the list to your course menu items.
Full integration of the tool happens when you:
- Create an assignment in Glow
- Set the Assignment Submission Type to External Tool.
- Click on the find button and find Perusall as your External Tool.
- Select the check box for “load this tool in a new tab.”
- Make sure to set the assignment title in Glow to the exact same name as the assignment in Perusall.
Q: How do I get started with Perusall?
Example of Perusall and GLOW
- Collaborative annotation and asynchronous learning (by April Merleaux)