Follow the below directions to add a printer to your computer. Keep in mind you will need the PaperCut NG software is installed on a computer and you must be logged into Papercut to print. For information and troubleshooting PaperCut see: https://oit.williams.edu/help-guides/printing/print-troubleshooting/
Add new printers:
- Most OIT issued computers already have a folder on the Desktop named "Williams Printers", within the folder is a listing of printers based on their location. If you DO NOT have a folder on the Desktop named "Williams Printers" do the following: Click on the Windows search field and type \\print.williams.edu\locations
- A window will pop up with the location folders of all of our campus printers
- Once you have found the printer that you want to add just double-click it and if prompted, OK driver updates. Once the small, rectangular printer window appears you have successfully installed the printer.
Remove the old printers:
- Go to Windows start
- Settings Gear
- Printers and Scanners
- Click and “Remove device” for any printers that say printername “on print” or “on print.williams.edu”
- Leave the new ones which say printername “on winprint” as below
- Go to: http://print.williams.edu
- Proceed to Step 2: Installation & Setup Part 2. Select your printers (this will take you further down the page)
- When you "Click here to select your printer" you will be presented with a list of printers, scroll through to locate the one that you want to add, then select it and download the file.
- Once the file is downloaded you will need to double-click it to complete the installation. (If a security policy prevents the installation read the note below)Note: Occasionally the security settings on your Mac may prevent the installation to complete so you will need to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Select the button "General". You need to select the option to "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere" to be selected. To do this you will first need to click the padlock icon and enter the password for your Mac, then make the selection. You should then be able to continue with the printer installation.
- After the installation is complete that printer will be in your available printers list.