UPDATE: Google Groups will now be used for ALL email lists. In the past we needed to use LISTSERVS for lists that had subscribers who used non-Williams email addresses. This has now changed so we are now able to offer Google Groups for ALL list requests.
- Google Groups: A service from Google that provides discussion groups for people sharing common interests. Google Group Directions and Help
- Faculty who want an email list for a course can use Glow. Your Instructional Technology Liaison would be happy to show you how to create one.
- Student organization Google Groups must be requested through the Office for Campus Life (OCL) https://student-life.williams.edu/
- Information for students looking to create a WSO LISTSERV EMAIL LIST for a student organization may go to: https://wso.williams.edu/faq
You can request a new Google Group online using the Google Group Request Form.
When filling out the online form, please read through the Help sections carefully since you may select from a variety of options that will affect the way that your list works. Your request may take a few days to process- you’ll be notified via email when your Google Group is ready.
OLD LISTSERV Deletion
When you no longer need a listserv or Google Group, please e-mail [email protected] to request its removal.
In the message please provide
- your name
- phone number or other means of contact, in the event we have questions
- the name of the listserv(s) to be removed