In this climate of increased spam you may find it useful to permanently filter email you receive from a specific source. Different email clients do this in different ways, listed below are some examples from common clients.
If the “From” address is consistent you can create a rule to move all messages from that sender to a particular folder (like your junk mail folder).
Google mail (web version)
- Click the drop-down menu next to Reply.
- Select Filter messages like this.
- Enter your filter criteria in the appropriate field(s).
Google’s online directions (more detailed)
- Right click the email you want to block.
- Choose Rules > Always move messages from .
- You will then be prompted to choose the folder the emails should be delivered to.
Mac OSX Mail
- Mail menu: Preferences: Rules tab.
- Type in a name for your rule.
- If “any” of the following conditions are met.
- “From” “Contains” (type in the email address of the sender)