On Windows computers, connecting to the Windows file servers requires authenticating (logging in) with: ad_williams\username.
The file server can be mapped to a drive letter:
- From the Computer window select Map Network Drive (or right click on Network)
- Enter the full path to the windows share folder e.g. \\<servername>.williams.edu
- <servername> could be files1, files2 or files3 depending on where you need to connect. A list of server names and the volumes on them is available from Drive-mappings-on-the-new-microsoft-file-servers
- For example \\files3.williams.edu would take you to a list of the departments you have access to on that server
- Check reconnect at login
- Check use different credentials and from there put in the ad_williams\username and your password