Once You have been notified that your account has been created you will need to contact Client Services. Faculty and Staff can call 413-597-4145, email [email protected], or stop by Jesup Hall. Students can call 413-597-3088, email [email protected], or stop the CET located on the second floor of the Sawyer Library. If you email please include a phone number and a time/day you would like a call back. If you call please be in front of a computer with internet access.
(The directions below also apply when you need help resetting a forgotten password, students should email the Student HelpDesk at [email protected] with a phone number at which they can be reached.)
- Once you have received your temporary password go to the Password Changer login page.
- If this is the first time you have logged into our Password Changer you will be asked to provide answers for the “Challenge Response” questions. The idea is that only you will know the answers to these questions.Capitalization does not matter, but spaces count. For example, if your answer is New Orleans, then new Orleans; New Orleans; NEW ORLEANS…. will also work but neworleans will not.In the future, if you ever forget your password, you can click the “Forgot Password?” link. Once you enter your username two of the six Challenge Questions (selected at random) will appear. If you are able to answer both correctly you will then be able to create a new password.If you are unable to remember the answers you may always call Client Services for another temporary password.
- In the field asking for your old password enter the Temporary Password that was provided by Client Services and (or, if you are just re-setting your password enter it here)
- In the following 2 fields, enter your new password.
The new password must meet minimum requirements:
- 12 or more characters
- at least one numeral
- at least 1 uppercase letter
- Once you have submitted your new password you may close out of the browser window.
- Wait 10 minutes before using your new password to check email.
- After 10 minutes, go to: http://email.williams.edu (which takes you to a Google login page) To login to your Williams email account on the Google servers you will use your Williams Network Account username along with @williams.edu
example: [email protected]
Your PeopleSoft username and password are different than what is outlined on this page. For directions on how to set up your PeopleSoft password go to Human Resources Self-Services.