Microsoft Office 365 for all Student, Faculty and Staff’s “personal” computers:
Williams College provides Microsoft Office 365 for use to all enrolled students and employees at Williams. Besides online versions of the Microsoft office suite, Office 365 currently allows for downloads of Office 2016 on computers (MacOS and Windows) and installs of the mobile apps (iOS, Android, & Windows)
To receive Office 2016 you will first create a Microsoft account using your Williams college email. The setup requires quite a few steps, so keep this documentation open as you go through the process.
In a new tab or window go to https://products.office.com/en-us/student
- Enter your Williams email address (short version e.g. [email protected])
- Choose I'm a Student/ (Faculty and Staff use this link as well)
- Check your Williams email for the code. Then create your new Microsoft account as below. Choose a password that is different from your Williams password and make a note of it (write it down or add it to a password manager like LastPass).
- You will then be asked to create recovery options in case you forget your password. Click Next.
- You may get an error warning saying There was a problem processing your request! Don't panic! Refresh (reload) your web page (this is usually a roundish arrow to the left or right of your address bar)
- After refreshing you should get the account recovery options below.
- Click on Set it up now next to Authentication Email and click finish
- Enter a personal email address (not your Williams email) and click Email Me.
- Check your personal email account for another confirmation code.
- Enter this code at the next screen.
- Click Finish
- Skip sending invitation
- When you get to the Office 365 web site you can then choose to Install (download) Office 2016 from the link in the upper right corner.
- On PC or Mac run the installer from your Downloads folder.
Office 2016 will remain activated for as long as you are a student or employed at Williams.
Office for Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Access
Office for Mac applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote
Are you looking for a little more assistance with Microsoft Office ? Check out lynda.com available free. Lynda offers tons of online tutorials on a wide array of software and other subjects.
Go to: Lynda