Enrolling non-Williams users to your course
If you need to enroll non-Williams user(s) into your course, you will need to request an auditor (guest) account. Please fill out this form at:
After the auditor account is created, you can enroll him/her the same way as you enroll those who have Williams username as described below.
Enrolling / removing students to/from your course
Officially registered students are automatically enrolled into your corresponding Glow course and you do not need to add any students. However, you can invite other students to join your course via People link.
Use Unix ID or Williams short-style email addresses (e.g. email@example.com, not [email protected]) to find the student in the system .
– How do I add students and TAs to my course?
– How do I remove a student from my course?
A: Please email [email protected] with the name of the student
There are six predefined roles:
- Teacher: Teacher can add content items, grade students, add users and change some course default settings.
- TA: TA has almost the same rights as a Teacher, but can NOT view nor edit grades.
- Grading TA: Special TA who has access to the Gradebook, Assignments, and Discussions, but NO editing rights.
- Grader-Homework: Special TA who only have access to the Gradebook and Assignments. NO editing rights.
- Student: That’s self-explanatory, they generally have fewer privileges within a course.
- Designer: By default, the Designer cannot edit grades, nor add/remove users. They can edit course content. Generally speaking, the Designer Role is best suited for the instructional designers or curriculum writers who write and manage course content.
- Observer: The Observer role can be used to enroll auditors and guests who would like to participate in a Glow course but do not need to earn course credit. Observers have limited permissions that allow them to see what is going on in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication.