You can use the Mail.app that comes with iOS to access your Williams email, if you choose, though the Mail.app is a bit more complicated to set up and doesn’t have all of the Gmail specific features of the OIT recommended Gmail.app.
Note that the screenshots shown may vary depending on the version of iOS that you are running.
- Click Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select: Add Account
- Name: your real name (As will be seen by recipients of emails sent from this device)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: your regular email password
- Description: Williams Google (please name it this to avoid confusion with other accounts)
- Click Next and the phone will attempt to verify your settings. If it fails it is most likely due to incorrectly typing in your password.
- Click Save
There is one optional but recommended setting to change.
By default when you delete a message from your iPhone or iPad it is moved out of your inbox and into your “All Mail” folder. Most people prefer to move deleted mail to the “Trash” folder.
To make this change:
From Settings Mail, Contacts, Calendars:
- Select your new Williams google account
- In the Move Discarded Messages Into section select Deleted Mailbox