Williams College seeks a full-time Business Information Analyst to join the Administrative Information Services team. As such, you get to support the effective use of enterprise administrative software by students, faculty, and staff. You will also play a key role in implementing and integrating a new core suite of Workday cloud-based applications at the College.
Williams is deeply committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse community.
Hybrid on-site/remote work arrangements may be available up to 2 days per week with approval for employees based in NY, MA, CT, or VT; subject to review and revision as policy evolves.
- Work with campus community members to understand and clearly document business needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with functional subject matter experts and technical staff to implement solutions and configure systems, set up access, and optimize business process workflows.
- Develop and execute test plans for new and updated functionality, identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with functional and technical teams regarding changes, updates, and known issues.
- Train campus community members in the effective use of information technology.
- Create and maintain technical and end-user documentation for business process flows, reporting requirements, and data integrations.
- Continually improve knowledge of business applications and identify and recommend opportunities for improvements.
- Troubleshoot complex issues in coordination with technical and functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse mix of students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and documenting business requirements and analyzing business processes.
- A self-motivated, curious, detail-oriented, and well-organized individual able to work productively both independently and in teams.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cloud applications like Workday
- Experience with reporting and data integrations
- Experience with software programming and database management
- Experience working in higher education
Application review will begin on March 12, 2024, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay ranges from $85,000 to $92,000, commensurate with experience. Job band 2-C. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply. All applications will be read by the search committee.
Conditions of Employment – Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity – Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at [email protected].