Glow can be found at https://glow.williams.edu. The old version of Glow is available for archival purposes only, and only through the VPN or proxy, at https://oldglow.williams.edu. The timeline for the migration is available here.
What is Glow?
Glow is Williams’ Course Management System (CMS). It’s a web-based and easy to use platform that supports instructors in their teaching and communication with students. Glow provides a suite of tools that makes it easy to put course materials online, including video and audio. It can also help faculty engage with students in a variety of ways including virtual discussion forums, the online scheduling of office hours and lab experiments, and the assignment, collection and grading of quizzes and homework to name a few.
- Getting started with Glow, for faculty
- Getting started with Glow, for students
- FAQs for Instructors
- FAQs for Students
- Video App for Glow (for instructors)
- Importing course content from the old Glow
- An updated Glow glossary with cross-reference to the old version.
- Safari 6.0.5 and missing Williams images
Where to go for help and more information:
- There are faculty workshops through Spring 2015. Please keep checking the Glow workshops page as it is updated with new sessions.
- Please give us your feedback or ask a question! You can contact us to let us know what works for you and what doesn’t, to ask a question or suggest a topic that isn’t covered. We’ll respond by email or phone, and update this site accordingly. If there’s a question that isn’t answered in the FAQ or a topic that isn’t addressed, please let us know so we can add the information to the site.
- If you need further help using Glow, setting up a new course, or migrating your old course, please contact your Instructional Technology Liaison.