- Please review your phone information in the PeopleSoft HR system to make sure that it is accurate.
- All student rooms are equipped with telephone jacks, but they must be activated using the PeopleSoft Student system.
- It is imperative that Campus Safety and Security has access to your cell phone number, if you have one, to reach you in case of an emergency. more »
Help Guides & Tips
To Set Up Voicemail for the First Time
- Go to: https://vmail.williams.edu ”Cisco Personal Communications Assistant”
- Login using your UNIX Id and the password that you use for email
- Click on Messaging Assistant > Passwords (on menu at top of page)
- Click on “Change PIN” PIN has a minimum of 4 digits, we recommend at least 6.
- Click “Save” and log out
- On your phone select the voicemail button, enter your PIN,
- Follow the prompts to record your name and greeting
Telecom Help/Request Forms
TELECOM Request Forms are available through the Web HelpDesk Ticket System.
The link below will take you to http://ticket.williams.edu. Login with YOUR username (do NOT add @williams.edu) and password even if the request is for someone other than who is submitting the request.
Support is also available by emailing email@example.com or calling 413-597-4090.
The Desktop Systems department will also provide recommendations on smartphone options (iPhone, Blackberry or other).
Which Department Handles What?
As part of the College’s administrative reorganization, OIT has agreed to take over support for the telecommunications operations from the Facilities department.
- Desktop Systems: provides user support.
- Networks & Systems: maintains phone switches, manages telecom budgets.
- Facilities: works with Networks & Systems on physical wiring/infrastructure.
- Controller’s Office: handles billing and cell phone orders.