Office for Information Technology

Telecom / Phones

Contact the Controller’s Office for cell phone orders/upgrades and billing questions.

Faculty/Staff Telephones

  • Please review your phone information in the PeopleSoft HR system to make sure that it is accurate.
    (Telecom Forms and information below)

Student Telephones

  • All student rooms are equipped with modular telephone jacks, but they must be activated using the PeopleSoft Student system. more »
  • It is imperative that Campus Safety and Security has access to your cell phone number, if you have one, to reach you in case of an emergency.  more »


Help Guides & Tips

Telecom Help/Request Forms

Please contact OIT using our online telecom forms:
(Each form has a space for you to add more details in case it does not fully address your request)

Other FORMS:

Support is also available by emailing or calling 413-597-4090. The Desktop Systems department will also provide recommendations on smartphone options (iPhone, Blackberry or other).

Data Required for Extension Move, Change, Add, Cancel or Hold:

  • Name
  • Extension to move, change, add, cancel or hold
  • Previous building and office number (if move or change)
  • Previous voice-jack ID (where the phone plugs in there should be an identifier, like B40 if move or change)
  • Phone type (digital or analog) – digital phones have a display
  • New building and office number
  • New voice-jack ID
  • Date number needs to be active in new location (requires 24hr advance notice)

Which Department Handles What?

As part of the College’s administrative reorganization, OIT has agreed to take over support for the telecommunications operations from the Facilities department.

  • Desktop Systems: provides user support.
  • Networks & Systems: maintains phone switches, manages telecom budgets.
  • Facilities: works with Networks & Systems on physical wiring/infrastructure.
  • Controller’s Office: handles billing and cell phone orders.