Phones / Telecom
- Cisco Jabber Client - What is it?
- Telephone Quick Start Guides
- Voicemail: Voicemail to Email Notification
- Online Web HelpDesk Form for Telecom Requests
- Online Phone Utilities
- Voicemail: Setup
- Voicemail: Command Reference
- Voicemail: Message Checking
- Extended Absence Greeting
- Forwarding Calls
- Student Landlines
- Conference Calls
- Telecom Policies
You have the ability to turn on voicemail to email notification. With some browsers, you can play the voicemail but with browsers updating on their own it isn’t always reliable. We have found that just receiving an email notification that a voicemail has been left at your extension is helpful. The email will contain the time the message came in and if caller ID is available, who left the message.
- To turn notification on, go to https://vmail.williams.edu/ and login with your network username and password.
- Click on Messaging Assistant
- Click on Notification Devices – View Notification Devices
- A list will come up and next to HTML & SMTP will be your email address, click the Enable box next to which notification you wish to receive. The only difference is visual. The first image is HTML and the second is SMTP. Click Save at the bottom of the page.