The PeopleSoft Student and HR Systems have specific password requirements.
- Password Format: Minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters, one or more of which must be a digit. The password is case-sensitive.
- Login Attempts: After 10 consecutive unsuccessful login attempts your account will be locked out, at which point you must contact the Registrar’s Office or Human Resources (x2682) to release the account lock. Use the Reset Password option to generate a new password before your account is locked.
- Password Expiration: All passwords expire after 180 days. Countdown warning messages will begin appearing 30 days prior to the expiration date. If your password has already expired, you will be transferred to the change password page where you must create a new password.
How to Reset Password
- On the Student or HR System sign-on screen, click the Reset My Password link.
- When prompted, enter your Student / HR System User ID and click the Continue button.
- A page displaying your User Validation Question will appear.
- Enter the correct response and click the Email New Password button.
- An incorrect answer will cause an error message to be displayed.
- The correct answer will cause a new random password to be emailed to you within a few minutes.
- Close your web browser window.
- When your new (emailed) password arrives, sign back in to the system using the new password.
- Your new password is ‘pre-expired’, so when you sign in, you will need to change your password before proceeding.
Refer to the beginning of this document for password format details.
How to Change Your Password
- Log in to either the Student System or the HR System.
- Find and click on Change My Password on the menu.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password, following the password requirements shown above.
- Enter your new password again for confirmation.
- Click the Change Password button.