Data Storage & Management
- Department Drive Mappings on the New Microsoft File Servers
- Connecting to the new Microsoft file servers - PCs not on Active Directory
- Connecting to the new Microsoft file servers - Macs
- Mapping a Network Drive (Windows/Mac)
- Backing Up Data
- Google Drive
- File services upgrade project
- Managing Google Suite Files - Changing Ownership
- Data Classification and Usage Guidelines
- Recovering Files From Windows File System (F and G drives)
- Saving/Migrating Email and Docs when leaving Williams
With our new Windows File services it’s easy to recover files yourself. It is also possible to recover entire folders and their contents, but we recommend you let OIT do that. Contact us at x4090 or email@example.com for assistance.
To recover a file that has been deleted by mistake:
— That will open some date options. Select the date you want and click Open.
— Open the document to verify it is the version you want. Then save it back to the location it was originally in.