You Can’t Print Without PaperCut
Williams faculty, staff and students all have PaperCut accounts. Visitors can create an account by purchasing a print card in Sawyer Library.
PaperCut must be installed on the computer you’re printing from. Public campus computers already have it installed. To set up PaperCut on your personal computer, and select the printers you want to use, go to print.williams.edu
Printing for Williams Faculty, Staff & Students
Each student, faculty, and staff member on campus has a PaperCut account. Students have a printing allotment that includes enough free printing credits to cover typical printing needs. Additional credits can be purchased if needed.
Printing for Visitors
Sawyer Library has a dispenser at which you can purchase a Williams College PaperCut Print Card. This print card provides you a user name and password. The cost of these cards will include an initial set-up fee and will give you a small amount of printing. Additional credits can be purchased if needed.
Printing credits are for use solely with the Williams PaperCut system are not refundable.
Where to Print
You can only print from on-campus, within the Williams network (IP addresses starting with ‘137.165’).
There are many printers for public use on campus, most of which are located in Jesup Hall, Sawyer Library, and Schow Library. However, these can get overwhelmed during busy times. We encourage you to locate and use less heavily trafficked printers, or to print at less busy times.
For a full list of printers, visit print.williams.edu
Color printers can be found at the Jesup Main Desk (Lobby, 1st floor), and the CET Main Desk (Sawyer Library, 2nd floor).
If the printer has duplex capabilities (the ability to print on both sides of the paper), it will print duplex by default.
A few printers around campus have print release stations assigned to them. These release stations will hold a print job for 24 hours until you release it from the queue. This helps provide better security for printers in public places. If a printer is using a release station, you’ll notice a standalone computer next to it. Here’s how you can release your print job:
- Log into the release station with your username and password.
- A list of your print jobs will appear, click ‘Print’ on the job to be sent to the printer.
The release station mentions costs associated with printing.
Printing from Mobile Devices
Currently, we do not support printing from iOS mobile devices (iPad, iPhones).
To print from an Android mobile device:
- Login to PaperCut
- Select “Web Print” from the left-hand side menu.
- Click on the “submit a job” link
- Select the appropriate printer, then click the “Print Options” and “Account Selection” button at the bottom
- Enter the number of copies and click the “Upload Document” button.
- Browse to the document location and click the “Upload & Complete” button.
|Print Job Type||Cost/Impression|
|Black & White Single-sided||$0.07|
|Black & White Duplex (double-sided)||$0.05|
|Color Duplex (double-sided)||$0.23|
- Printing credits, whether purchased through the Bursar or via your PaperCut account, are not refundable.
- Refunds will not be given for user mistakes, such as printing the wrong article. To avoid this, use preview before you print.
- Refunds may be granted for technical problems. We understand that issues may arise and we do everything we can to make sure that the printing operations work smoothly. You should have enough print allocation on your account to get you through the semester even with a few glitches. If you have a problem with a particular print job and need a refund:
- Login to PaperCut
- Select Recent Print Jobs from the left-hand side menu.
- Find the print job and click on the request refund link on the right-hand side.
- IMPORTANT: Fill in the reason for the request (e.g. Printer was out of toner).
If you experience a significant problem with your PaperCut account, please send an email to email@example.com with the details of your problem; include your name, printer, job name and student id (and NOT your password!). We will review your request and credit your account if deemed appropriate. Printer problems should be addressed with the HelpDesk at 413-597-4090.
For large batches, consider having copies made by Print Services – it’s far less expensive than printing. Contact John Shea by phone or email: 413-597-2022 / John.T.Shea@williams.edu for more information.