- Plug the iPad in to a power source. Click the top button to turn it on if it doesn’t turn on automatically.
- One of the first things it will do is prompt to join a wireless network. If this is your own device then join “Purple Air”. You will be prompted for your username and password.
- It will ask you to accept the Williams ACS certificate.
- Click Accept.
- Click Next and let the device activate.
- It will then ask if you want location services on, which lets the device “know” where it is geographically. It is fine to allow this.
- It will then ask you to sign in to Apple. You can do this now with your own Apple account, or you can skip this step for now. Be aware that to purchase any apps from the app store (even free ones) you will need to have or create an Apple account.
- Click agree to the licensing terms.
There are one or two minor questions to follow, then your device is ready to use.
For guests: Please refer to the Guest Wireless Access directions