Enrolling non-Williams users to your course
If you need to enroll non-Williams user(s) into your course, you will need to request a guest account. Please fill out this form at:
After the guest account is created, you can enroll him/her the same way as you enroll those who have Williams User ID as described below. Please contact the user to obtain his/her User ID.
Enrolling / removing students to/from your course
Officially registered students are automatically enrolled into your corresponding Glow course and you do not need to add any students. However, you can invite other students to join your course via People link.
Use Unix ID or Williams long-style email addresses (e.g. jfs1 or John.F.Smith@williams.edu) to find the student in the system .
– How do I add students and TAs to my course?
– How do I remove a student from my course?
A: Please email email@example.com with the name of the student
There are six pre-defined roles:
- Teacher: Teacher can add content items, grade students, add users and change some course default settings.
- Grading TA: TA with this role has pretty much the same privileges like a Teacher has.
- TA: TA with this role has the same rights as TA with editing rights but cannot view and edit grades.
- Student: That’s self-explanatory, they generally have fewer privileges within a course.
- Designer: By default, the Designer does not edit grades, add/remove other users, or have access to the faculty journal. They can edit course content. Generally speaking, the Designer Role is best suited for the instructional designers or curriculum writers who write and manage course content.
- Observer: The Observer role can be used to enroll parents, mentors, auditors, and guests who would like to participate in a Glow course but do not need to earn course credit. Observers have limited permissions that allow them to see what is going on in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication. Like students, Observers cannot view a course until it is published and the course has started.