Please read the important guides below regarding college accounts, getting your computer on the network, computer security and other fun and important information that will help you get online quickly and safely at Williams.
You can do some preparation before you arrive on campus by following the networking guides below. This will save you the hassle of doing it during first days. If you have any trouble you can email STChelp@williams.edu
You can visit or call us as well.
- Stop by the Student Support Desk at the Center for Educational Technology (CET) on the second floor of Sawyer Library
- Call x3088 (413-597-3088 from off-campus)
Hours during First-Days
- Monday Aug 28 through Friday Sept 1: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday Sept 2 and Sunday Sept 3: 1pm to 5pm
- Monday Sept 4 through Wednesday Sept 6: 8am to 5pm
1. First, please read our Computing Ethics and Responsibilities policy
2. Follow the instructions to network your computer.
Other important information:
- Your email and addresses
- Game console and other device registration
- Google Drive / Online Storage / Backup
- Student Technology guide
- Filesharing and copyright information you really need to know about when on a college network
- Online software training available – Lynda.com
- Ethernet (wired) jacks in dorm rooms: Ethernet jacks in dorm rooms are off by default. Jacks in common rooms will be on. To request activation for jacks in your room fill out the online form.