Phones / Telecom
- Cisco Jabber Client - What is it?
- Telephone Quick Start Guides
- Voicemail: Voicemail to Email Notification
- Online Web HelpDesk Form for Telecom Requests
- Online Phone Utilities
- Voicemail: Setup
- Voicemail: Command Reference
- Voicemail: Message Checking
- Extended Absence Greeting
- Forwarding Calls
- Student Landlines
- Conference Calls
- Telecom Policies
In the old system you were able to record an extended absence greeting which did not allow the caller to leave you a message. In the new system, an alternate greeting is used but by default it did allow the caller to leave a message. Due to the number of requests for this change, OIT has decided to make the default action for the alternate greeting to not accept messages.
The benefit to the alternate greeting is that you can set the expiration date by logging into vmail.williams.edu and setting the end date. Your voicemail message will automatically switch back to your standard greeting on the date you choose.
There are two ways to set the end date of your alternate greeting:
- Using Firefox or Internet Explorer, login to https://vmail.williams.edu with your Williams network username & password (do not include the @williams.edu)
- Click on Messaging Assistant, Greetings – View Greetings
- Click on Alternate and select Enabled Until & choose the date & time.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Or you can choose the date and time of the alternate greeting from the phone:
- Login to voicemail on the phone
- Select 4 for setup options – 1 to change greeting – 2 to turn the alternate greeting on
- Follow prompts for setting an end date & to record your alternate greeting
It is recommended that you use your phone to record your greeting and not do it through your computer.