Setting Up Automatic Replies (Absence Mail and Auto-reply)
- Open Gmail.
- In the top-right, click the gear icon (Settings).
- In the drop-down list select “Settings”.
- Remain in the “General” tab and scroll down to the Vacation responder section.
- Select “Vacation responder on”.
- Fill in the date range, subject, and message.
- You can limit who can see your vacation response:
- Check the box next to “Only send a response to people in my Contacts” if you don’t want everyone who emails you to know that you’re away from your mail.
- If you use Google Apps, you’ll also see an option to only send a response to people in your domain. If you check both of these boxes, only people who are in your contacts and your domain will receive the automatic response.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
More information may be found at Google’s HelpPage