- Windows and Office Activation
- Adobe Applications
- Williams Website/WordPress Help
- Software Help
- Spyware & Malware
- Kace: Patch Management from DELL
- Sophos Anitvirus
- File Transfer Settings (FTP/SFTP)
- PowerPoint Image Resolution
- Google Tips-N-Tricks
- Google Apps for Education (GAE)
- Williams Google Guides
- Google Drive
- Clearing Web Browser Cache, Data, Cookies and History
- Accessing Multiple Google Accounts
- Changing Your Workstation Password
You can use Dreamweaver to access web site files on our non-WordPress server (unix.williams.edu).
File transfer settings (FTP/SFTP)
Important note: If you are trying to transfer files from a computer not on the campus network (e.g., from home or on the road), you must connect to the campus network using the college’s VPN software.
You’ll need to alter the information somewhat since you’re not me-
Host Directory will always begin with /web/. If your website is at http://web.williams.edu/foo, your host directory will be /web/foo. If it’s at http://web.williams.edu/wp-etc/biology/ducks, it will be /web/wp-etc/biology/ducks. Use whatever’s after web.williams.edu and stick it after /web/.
If you haven’t updated your settings in a while, your host directory might start with /usr/local/web. This no longer works – simply drop the /usr/local part and start with /web.
Login & Password: use your standard Williams user name & password- the credentials you use to log into webmail.
URL prefix will start with http://web.williams.edu/ but vary after that.