Connecting to the new Microsoft file servers - Macs
Data Storage & Management
- From the Go menu, Connect to Server
- Type in smb://<servername>.williams.edu (note that unlike current netware mounts you do not have to specify the full path to a folder you have right to)
- <servername> could be files1, files2 or files3 depending on where you need to connect. A list of server names and the volumes on them is available from Drive-mappings-on-the-new-microsoft-file-servers
- For example smb://files3.williams.edu/ would take you to a list of the departments I have access to on that server.
- Login with your short username and password.
- Shortcuts to folders or to the mounted volume can be created and placed on the desktop, in the Favorites section of the Finder window or in the dock (to the right of the spacer)