Phones / Telecom
- Cisco Jabber Client - What is it?
- Telephone Quick Start Guides
- Voicemail: Voicemail to Email Notification
- Online Web HelpDesk Form for Telecom Requests
- Online Phone Utilities
- Voicemail: Setup
- Voicemail: Command Reference
- Voicemail: Message Checking
- Extended Absence Greeting
- Forwarding Calls
- Student Landlines
- Conference Calls
- Telecom Policies
Checking voicemail from a computer
Enabling Voicemail to Email Notification
You can receive an email notification when a voicemail is left on your extension. There are two different types of email you can receive, html & smtp. Here are examples of both:
HTML (click image to enlarge)
SMTP/EMAIL (click image to enlarge)
To enable either notification, login to https://vmail.williams.edu (using Firefox or Internet Explorer on the PC and Safari or Firefox on the Mac)*. Click on Message Assistant, from the menus at the top, select Notification Devices - click View Notification Devices. The next screen is where you will enable the notification of your choice by clicking the Enabled box and then hitting Save at the bottom of the page. You can select both HTML and SMTP if you want to try each of them. You can go back in anytime to deselect the notification you no longer wish to receive.
If you have any questions, please contact the Faculty Staff Support Desk at 413-597-4090 or email email@example.com.
*With some Chrome updates, the menus do not show up on the PC. You will need to use either Firefox or Internet Explorer to enable the notification. Chrome on the Mac will display the menu options but they are in list view at the top of the screen.
Configuring Browsers to Play Voice Mail Messages
You can check your voicemail messages from a few different browsers although some modifications may be needed depending on the browser you use. You will need to login to vmail.williams.edu and go to your Web Inbox. Select your operating system below for more details.
Checking voicemail from off campus
- Call the Voicemail system at 413-597-4000
- This will say Welcome to Cisco Unity system, to get to your voice mail enter * and your extension followed by #
- Then enter your voicemail pin to access your voice mail
Checking voicemail from an alternate phone
- In the Voicemail portal you can set up alternate numbers so when you call from those numbers the voicemail system will prompt your for your PIN (just like when you call voicemail from your desk phone).
- Visit the Voicemail portal at: https://vmail.williams.edu
- Logon with your normal username and password (do NOT include @williams.edu in your username).
- Choose Messaging Assistant
- Look for the section “Alternate Devices”, click Add row and enter the phone number your want to register. (Enter the full number 4135551234, do not include a 1 in front of the number)
- Click Save
- Now when you call from that number you will be prompted for your voicemail pin