The camera's Full Range AF system offers continuous focusing ability from close-up to infinity. However, the correct focus may not be obtained depending on the shooting condition. In this case, use the manual focus mode.
Select [AF] in the MSET menu. (How To Select a Menu Item)
If [AUTO] is selected, press , then press .
Press to focus on a further subject. ()
Press to focus on a closer subject. ()
- When the focus level cannot be adjusted any further or closer,  or  will blink.
Press . The setting is completed.
To return to automatic focus
Select [AUTO] in step 2.
Manual focus is recommended in situations listed below;
- When two subjects overlap in the same scene.
- When illumination is low.*
- When the subject has no contrast (difference in brightness and darkness), such as a flat, one-color wall, or a clear, blue sky.*
- When a dark object is barely visible in the display.*
- When the scene contains minute patterns or identical patterns that are regularly repeated.
- When the scene is affected by sunbeams or light reflecting off the surface of a body of water.
- When shooting a scene with a high-contrast background.
* The following low-contrast warnings appear blinking: , , , and .