The MEC and OIT are pleased to announce the kick-off of our 2012 short film competition with a special series of media production and copyright workshops open to the entire campus. The competition itself will open for submissions beginning Tuesday January 3, 2012. Top prizes include an iPad or Android tablet, cameras, hard drives for video editing and gleaming, gold & purple “Billy” statuettes, of course!
To help you prepare, shoot and edit your entry, the MEC is offering a five-week series of workshops every Thursday at 4 PM, starting October 20. Topics range as follows:
- October 20 – Storytelling and Script Writing
- October 27 – Shooting Great Video
- November 3 – Copyright, Fair Use & Transformations
- November 10 – Frame Animation in Flash
- November 17 – Video Editing with Premiere Elements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for any or all of these workshops.