Media Services/Classroom Support is a subgroup of Instructional Technology. Our main mission is to develop, implement and support multimedia presentation systems for classrooms. In addition, we assist with planning and development of technology needs for a wide variety of campus events. We also offer training and assistance with video duplication and format conversion. The main office is located on the second floor of the Stetson-Sawyer building in the CET.
Media Services/Classroom Support provides presentation facilities and support for academic work and extra-curricular events.
- Training and consultation for electronic classroom instruction (Technology in Classrooms & Facilities)
- Support for lectures and presentations by faculty and guest speakers.
- Video and audio format conversion and copying.
- Installation & maintenance of electronic classrooms and major presentation venues.
- Loaning electronic equipment to students and staff at the The Equipment Loan Center (ELC)
- Training and guidance in using audio recorders and video cameras.
We are now located on level 2 of the new OIT Center for Educational Technology (CET) in Sawyer Library.
- Steve Amann, Classroom Technology Specialist, Sawyer 261
- Patrick Gray Jr, Events, Classroom, and Studio Support Specialist, Sawyer 260
- Jim Lillie, ELC Coordinator, Sawyer 247
- Phil Remillard, Manager, Sawyer 259
Academic year hours when classes are in session:
- 8 AM – 7 PM, Mondays – Thursdays.
- 8 AM – 5 PM, Fridays.
The Office for Information Technology (OIT) is available during the semester from 8 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Thursday, and 8 AM to 5 PM on Fridays. Normal hours outside of the semester are 8-5, M-F.
Dial 413-597-2112 if you have any questions.